How to install Xposed Framework on Android O: Xposed framework is one of the most useful tools for rooted Android devices which allows the user to get some amazing extra features. Xposed framework directly tweaks the system and gives the ability to add some extra features that a normal Android user can’t get.
Xposed framework for Android Nougat took a lot of time to release but we finally have the Official Xposed framework for Android Oreo. Although Xposed for Oreo is now in the beta testing stage.But you can use the Xposed framework beta version on your Android Oreo device. The developer said that Xposed for oreo is in beta stage now but it won’t take so long to release the stable version.
Table of Contents
How to install Xposed Framework on Android O
As I said earlier, Xposed framework for android O is in beta stage so if you are an advanced user and really want to experiment with your device using this beta release then you can follow this guide but if you are a normal user I recommend you to wait for the stable release of Xposed framework for Android 8.
Step by step Guide (How to install Xposed Framework on Android O):
- Make sure you have a full backup of ROM using TWRP or any other custom recovery (For data security purpose).
- You must have a rooted device.
- Custom Recovery installed(TWRP).
- Make sure you have at least 50% battery.
- Some knowledge of flashing Roms.
Download & Install Xposed on Android O
- First of all download the Xposed APK from this link. Download Xposed APK
- After downloading the apk install it and open it.
- Now You’ll be able to see your Device architecture in the app( ARM, ARM64, or x86).
- Now to the following link and Download Xposed Framework ZIP file for you Device Architecture.
Before Downloading note that the Xposed Framework is SDK version.
Android 8.0 = SDK26 & Android 8.1+ = SDK27
- After Downloading the zip file open the Xposed App which we have installed in step 2.
- If it asks for superuser permission then simply tap on Grant.
- Tap on the three-dot button and Choose “Reboot to Recovery“.
- Once you’ll see the Recovery screen Choose Install>Select the downloaded Xposed Framework zip File > ‘Swipe to confirm flash’.
- When the flashing process finishes reboot your Device and open Xposed app again and you’ll be able to see the Active status.
Note: If your Device does not boot(stuck on logo) after flashing the zip files it means it’s into boot loop. So flash the uninstaller.zip to fix bootloop.
So this is the step by step guide about “How to install Xposed Framework in Android O”. Hope you’ll be able to install Xposed for android o without any issue. But as we know it is a beta release so it might have some bugs and all modules may not work so try it at your own risk.